Will i lose too much weight if i cut down on my sugar intake? i'm doing this to get healthy and to end my addiction to sugar.

Dr. Michael Curren
Cardiology 14 years experience
Unlikely: Weight management is a simple function of calories that you take in vs calories that you expend. You may lose some weight if you decrease your sugar intake, but it is unlikely to be "too much".
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Not likely: Many people feel addicted to sugar. It's very unlikely you'll lose "too much" weight if you end this addiction. Diets containing large amounts of sugar (including high-fructose corn syrup) raise triglyceride levels and make it more likely to store fat than to metabolize it. Fiber-rich carbs like veggies and beans don't do this. Weight loss is more than just "calories in, calories out.".

Last updated Sep 28, 2016