Moreno Valley, CA

what causes recurrent chemical pregnancies? i have had three now. the er found fibroids. my fertility specialist found nothing but a healthy uterus.

Dr. Kevin Fleishman
Several reasons.: Every time one becomes pregnant there is a 20% chance of miscarriage. Most of the time there is no underlying reason behind 3 miscarriages. However we often do an investigation at this point. Some causes are coagulation disorders and autoimmune disorders. You should see your gyn for a recurrent miscarraige work up.
Dr. Seth Derman
Fertility Medicine 33 years experience
A few things: Most recurrent chemical miscarriages are the result of either ovulation problems or just bad luck. A large percentage of eggs and embryos are genetically abnormal and likely to miscarry even if they implant, and this can easily happen 3 times in a row. That being said it is appropriate to see a specialist at this point to rule out all the other potential causes.