is it safe to use stud 100 as an anesthetic for a toothache apply directly on the gum

4 doctor answers
Dr. Kyle Shank
12 years experience Dentistry
Will it HELP?: Probably wont hurt, but it probably won't help either. A topical anesthetic like this applied to the gums is unlikely to do anything for the tooth pain. Get to a dentist. I the meantime, Ibuprofen and warm/cool compresses, whichever makes it feel better.
Answered on Aug 25, 2016
Dr. James Wright
32 years experience Dentistry
I don't think so: This product is intended for use on male genitalia. I would think one would want to put a separation between church and state. Please see a dentist for your toothache.
Answered on Mar 18, 2019
Dr. Dan Fisher
Not recommended BUT: Not recommended by the company or their lawyers or even other doctors...... But stud 100 contains Lidocaine 9.6 %. This is used all the time in the oral cavity and it works amazingly well. A small amount of this on your gum will probably do the trick. The other ingredients are inert. In the old days people would use a clove to relieve toothache. The active ingredient there is eugenol.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. Louis Gallia
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Not sure: High strength of lidocaine. May get toxic dose. Best bet is OTC pain meds and dental appointment.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017