Would it b ok if i just drink protein shakes that body builders drink. my teeth r bad and its hard for me to eat. im losing weight. i weigh maybe 100?

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 46 years experience
Need a consult: Protein shakes are fine, but only in certain circumstances. Some don't provide all the necessary nutrients needed to aid in immune support and health. Some are full of a lot of "bad" fat and sugar. I would see a doctor, if possible, and get a consultation. Also, i would see a dentist- you may have some tooth or gum infections that will inhibit proper nutrient absorption.
Dr. James Beck
Dentistry 12 years experience
See the dentist: You should go to the dentist as soon as possible to see why your teeth are hurting. It is not normal or healthy to have chronic tooth pain. Drinking protein shakes may be a short term solution to your problem, but this can't go on forever. Please see the dentist before your health deteriorates further. I would also advise a visit to your md for a checkup.

Last updated Jan 21, 2019