What is the probable diagnosis of hypertension+ hypokalemia+ hyponatremia+high 24h urine aldosterone+ normal arr

Dr. Patrick Sweet III
Pathology 21 years experience
Hyperaldosteronism: Aldosterone causes loss of k+ in exchange for na+ in the nephron. The volume of water in the urine will follow the na+ back into the blood leading to an increase in blood pressure. Secondary hyperaldosteronism is the pathologically increased secretion of this & renin which could be from renal artery stenosis or other rare causes. See your physician to get it figured out.
Dr. Alok Agrawal
35 years experience
RAS: In elderly women it can occur in renal artery stenosis. Please discuss with an nephrologist, hypertension specialist or endocrinologist.
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Need much more detailed history and physical examination. I specialize in these problems so send me a consult request.
Apr 11, 2016

Last updated Oct 24, 2017