what is a benign fibroid adanoma?

Dr. Brian Fishman
Dr. Brian Fishmananswered
Emergency Medicine 9 years experience
Benign breast tumor: A benign fibroadenoma is the most common breast tumor and is more common in women <30 years of age. It is a solitary, solid, mobile mass with well-defined edges, and the size may vary with your menstrual cycle. A fine needle biopsy confirms the benign nature, and treatment is usually surgical excision.
Dr. Lyndon Taylor
Many times a core needle biopsy is performed with placement of a clip. Many times the fibroadenoma is not removed unless it is very large.
Sep 15, 2016
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology 40 years experience
Fibroadenoma: This is benign (not cancer) tumor, I am assuming of the breast. Arising from the breast tissue forming a hard, solid mass.