U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

Who should i see about one slightly bulging eye and sudden lazy eye if i've had an eye exam and was just prescribed prism glasses?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Ophthalmologist: You need to see a medical eye doctor, not an optometrist. The most common cause of a bulging eye is thyroid disease, so you may want to involve your medical doctor as well!
Dr. Alan Mindlin
51 years experience
Acute Graves Disease: This is most likely acute graves disease but can be brain disease origin. You need to see an ophthalmologist quickly and probably will need the services of others also. This mix of signs and symptoms is extremely bothersome.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 19 years experience
See eye doctor: Your description sounds like thyroid eye disease or an orbital tumor. Other issues can present like this as well. You need further evaluation to determine the exact cause, initiate proper treatment, and prevent permanent loss of vision.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.