Babylon, NY

i've been on prednisone for 3 days for cystic acne, i ended it yesterday and suffer from flare up, can i get cortisone shot in flared up cyst?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
See a dermatologist: Acne treatment needs months to years. 3 days of anything is of little use. An injection in the cyst may help it, but you need something to control cystic acne. Probably spironolactone is your best chance.
Dr. Vlada Groysman
Dermatology 15 years experience
Probably: Cystic acne is difficult to treat and i often find Prednisone for 3 days not effective. Prednisone, in general, doesn't work well long term or short term. We usually start with antibiotics, retinoids and a combo product of benz peroxide and clindamycin. A new product called aczone may also help. Injection may help with one spot not many.