am i going to be depressed for the rest of my life?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
That is not likely: Depression is one of the most common psychiatric problems and also one of the most treatable ones as well. Obviously deeper depression is harder to treat. Treatment depends in part on the severity of the depression, not generally on where it comes from.Treatments are counseling, medication and ECT (electro shock therapy) and transcranial magnetic stimulation. Counseling and meds are best together.
Dr. Douglas Bey
No: Depression can usually be controlled with a combination of meds & therapy hang in there & find some pros to help you.
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
Expert Help, Action: Do seek "live" expert help. Start w/pcp to assess ur symptoms ; rule out physical causes 4 them. Depression leaves us feeling like we have no gas in our tank. Everything can feel like too much work. U may feel cranky w/everyone. The future can seem bleak, joyless. It's important 2understand what's underlying ur symptoms so u can get effective help. "action is the antidote 2 despair" -joan baez.