What kind of success rate should i look for in a surgeon to do my revision rhinoplasty? i understand it'll never be 100%, but what's a good success rate for revision rhinoplasty?

5 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. James Ridgway answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

Primary : Primary rhinoplasty (the first nose surgery) has a revision rate of 3-5%. Of course there are multiple factors to consider in these numbers, but that is why it is important that you choose a specialist in this field of surgery (rhinoplasty). Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

I : I agree that a revision rate for primary rhinoplasty should be in the low single digits. With revision surgery , which is more complex, the goals may be different (ie, different expectations) due to the limitations of having had prior surgery. Everyone's situation is different so you should talk with your potential surgeons to see what your chances of success are.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Richard Fleming answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

I : I agree with dr. Ridgway's response that a 3-5 % revision rate is appropriate for a patient's first rhinoplasty is acceptable. Most of those are minor revisions when the surgery is done by a rhinoplasty specialist. For a surgeon who does a lot of revisions the need for additional surgery after the revision is similar.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

Dr. David Sherris answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

High: Revision rates for primary and revision rhinoplasty by experienced rhinoplasty surgeons are probably 2-3%. Yet, your expectations, your health, and the degree of the problem can effect these rates. See an experienced surgeon to discuss your case. Sometimes facial asymmetry can prevent perfect results no matter what is done. Yet with proper understanding of what can be done most patients are happy.

Answered 1/13/2013

5.4k views