Are there surgeons who specialize in revision rhinoplasty? i've heard that revision rhinoplasty is a lot harder than an original rhinoplasty. i'm worried about not getting a good result for a second time because of this. are there surgeons who specialize

6 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

There : There aren't any rhinoplasty surgeons that specialize in only doing revisions (as far as i know). Some plastic surgeons specialize their practice quite a bit and focus on the nose and rhinoplasty, though. You're right to want to find someone who does have experience in doing revision rhinoplasty as it is more challening. To pick the right surgeon review their before and after photos and meet with a few to find the person you feel the most comfortable with and who has "after" results you like.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Richard Arden answered

Specializes in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

I : I would concur with dr. Lamperti's comments. As a general it is helpful to ask a rhinoplastic surgeon how many primary and how many revisional or secondary rhinoplasties he performs as a percent and what his personal revision rate on his own rhinoplasties are. A tendency with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons is their ratio of primary to revisional (not there own) goes down as they are willing to take on more complex cases and become recognized by their peers for their work.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Benjamin Cilento answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

Hi, : Hi, this is a great question. As far as i know there aren't any surgeons that only do revision rhinoplasties... However, in any community there is usually one or two surgeons who have a reputation as being the "go to" person for revisions due to the challenging nature of the surgery and the experience necessary to tackle the tougher cases. In general, be sure that you like your surgeons outcomes and after pics... Sometimes what you think looks good is not what the surgeon sees as aesthetically pleasing... Also, have a frank discussion about his experience in this type of difficult surgery... Ask what percentage of his surgeries are in fact revisions... Also, making sure they are board certified is a must (aafprs).

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. David Sherris answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

Yes: Experienced rhinoplasty surgeons typically end up seeing many revision rhinoplasty patients. You probably want a surgeon who does over a hundred rhinoplasty surgeries a year. Ask them what percent are revision cases.

Answered 6/9/2013

5.1k views

Dr. Christopher Khorsandi answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

yes: There are surgeons that specialize in revision rhinoplasty. I perform a fair number of these surgeries in my practice. www.vipplasticsurgery.com.

Answered 9/30/2013

4.9k views