How long will it take my gums to heal after crown lengthening? i want to have a crown lengthening procedure done to fix my smile and would like to know how long before my gums heal fully.

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 years experience
Depending : Depending on the method used, classical surgery or laser, the majority of the healing will take place over 7 to 10 days.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jonathan Scharf
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
The : The initial healing will take place within ten days to two weeks, again depending upon the technique and extent of the procedure. If crowns or veneers are going to be placed in these areas, i like to allow approximately eight weeks for all healing and gum remodelling to occur.
Dr. Peiman Soleymani
Specializes in Periodontics
With : With esthetic crown lengthening, it takes a week to 10 days for the area to feel normal however, it takes 6 to 7 weeks for the attachment soft tissue apparatus to mature especially if some bone recontouring is performed. In general i recommend any temporaries to keep at least for 2 months and in some cases up to 3 months for any additional remodeling of the soft tissue. I hope that helps.
Dr. Lance Timmerman
Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
The : The majority of healing is 10-14 days. When working in the esthetic zone, in an effort for "perfect" i treat it like an extraction and wait 8 weeks before completing the case.
Last updated Sep 27, 2018