where or how can i force a biopsy to be done on my liver?nqlu i have benn told over and over by some of the top liver specialists in the us that i need a liver biopsy to see if i have cholangietis, we have tried and have been able to get one done.my pcp t

2 doctor answers
24 years experience Psychiatry
Hello. : Hello. I am not sure that you can force a doctor to perform a biopsy. The doctor would need to see a clear medical indication and would also look at risk to benefit ratio.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
48 years experience Pathology
Does not add up: The liver specialist who told you that you need a liver biopsy would have done it if it was warranted.
Answered on Dec 31, 2018