What kind of fillings are used on children? My seven year old son has got to go in for a filling, unfortunately, and i'd like to know if they use standard silver fillings on children or the porcelain ones? I'm worried about the mercury that's in the silve

Dr. Michael Wollock
28 years experience in Dentistry
South : South bend, they can use any kind of filling you prefer. Although still approved, i understand your concern over the use of silver fillings. And even though many dentist place white fillings, they are prone to recurrent cavities in baby teeth. My recommendation is a white but non-matching filling material called glass ionomer. This material is usually easy to place; making it less stressful on your child, and increasing the potential for a more successful outcome. And since it absorbs Fluoride form their toothpaste, it helps prevent recurrent cavities. I hope this is helpful, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313 www.Dentistryatsuburbansquare.Com.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1