how long can i expect my teeth to stay white after laser teeth whitening? assuming i take regular care of my teeth, and avoid smoking and excessive coffee and tea, about how long can i expect to wait until having the procedure done again?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Although : Although everyone is different, at a minimum one year, maybe more. As you already know, whitening doesn't last forever.
Dr. Jonathan Stone
Dentistry 30 years experience
I : I assume when you say 'laser' whitening, you mean zoom or britesmile whitening. This is not a laser, but a strong light. I tell patients it is normal to need 'touch-up's' about every 6 months with takehome trays to keep the smile bright. Heavy coffee/tea/smokers may need to use the takehome trays a bit more often.
Dr. Michael Dolby
Cosmetic Surgery 28 years experience
6-12 months!: When you take out smoking, large amounts of coffee, wine and other surface staining products, your whitening can last a very long time. You can extend this with regular touch ups 2-3 times per year. This is as easy as wearing your whitening trays 2-3 nights per year to maintain your color!