Jordan

how soon after laser teeth whitening can i have a dental implant procedure ? or are they irrelevant ?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Irrelevant: The same appointment. First whitening, followed by implant placement. Good luck.
Dr. Alexandra Jaquery
Cosmetic Dentistry 14 years experience
Soon: The laser light that does teeth whitening does not interfere with your ability to have an implant put on your jaw bone.
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
Irrelevant : The two procedures are not related. You can have them done in any order you desire, but consider bleaching first so your new implant crown will match your newly bleached teeth!
Dr. William Jakavick
Cosmetic Dentistry 37 years experience
Laser Whitening: The jury is still out on the effectiveness of laser whitening being better than traditional tray or strip whitening. That said the implant procedure is unrelated to the whitening procedure. Esthetics come into play when restoring the implants. At that point you want to be happy with the whitening result so you will have the implant restorations match your own teeth.
Dr. Theodore Siegel
Cosmetic Dentistry 37 years experience
Whitening/implants: Laser teeth whitening is fast, safe, and noninvasive. While you might not want to have the procedures done on the same day, whitening should have little if any effect on other procedures. However, it’s best to make these decisions with your cosmetic dentist. At your first consultation, explain all of the cosmetic improvements you hope to make, so that a comprehensive treatment plan can be devised