can ovaries still produce endometreosis even after the uterus has been removed? i had an hysterectomy after having severe back pain. endometrosis had left scar tissue which attached my uterus to my rectum. after removal of the uterus, the back pain subsid

Dr. Ew Moffitt
36 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Endometriosis : Endometriosis is stimulated to grow by estrogen. Ovaries make estrogen. If you still have cells that are endometriosis, they could be responding to estrogen from your ovaries. The best way to find out if your pain is from endometriosis is to take a medicine called Lupron (leuprolide) for three months. Lupron (leuprolide) makes estrogen low. If you feel the pain less, it was from endometriosis. If the pain does not get better it was not from endometriosis. Your ob/gyn can help you with this.
Answered on Dec 9, 2019
4