U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Severe lower abdominal pain and bloating after meals, please help! think my docs are looking in the wrong direction. i am 31 years old and had a partial hysterectomy 6 years ago. they removed my uterus and cervix due to endometriosis. at that time they f

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Scott Musinski
Obstetrics and Gynecology 37 years experience
You : You could have more than one issue like irritable bowel syndrome, adhesions, and/or endometriosis. A negative colonoscopy is nice. The irregular/alternating bm's are very indicative of irritable bowel syndrome. A laparoscopy may reveal endometriosis. Another alternative is a therapeutic trial of Lupron (leuprolide) to shut down ovarian function and endometriosis. If you have relief during the Lupron (leuprolide) trial surgery may identify endometriosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Swor
Obstetrics and Gynecology 42 years experience
Abdominal pain: Sounds like an intestinal problem or recurrent endometriosis. Sometime endo can affect the appendix or colon and cause GI symptoms. Get a gyn checkup and ultrasound. A laparoscopy my be in the future if a remedy can't be found.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.