i do not know how much i should weigh because i am obese...and i do not know how to exercise off belly fat. i am a short 18 yr old and obese @ 185 pounds and 5'2". i have tried energy bars, v8, protein bars, slim fast, and cutting back on meals and drinki

2 doctor answers
24 years experience Psychiatry
Hello. : Hello. I don't know if you are a guy or a gal. A female weight is very roughly figured out as 100 pounds for the first five feet and 5 pounds per inch after that. So - about 110 pounds or up to around 121 pounds. If you are a guy the formula is 105 pounds for the first five feet and then add 5 pounds per inch. So around 116 pounds or up to about 128 pounds. Frankly, they write whole books on the subject of exercise and diet. I recommed that you consider working with a dietician who can provide education, monitoring and support. Be well.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung answered
38 years experience General Surgery
In : In order to lose weight, your caloric intake must be less than your energy expenditure. To calculate your energy expenditure and your basal metabolic energy needs, you can go to: http://www.Health-calc.Com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced. Using this, you should carefully track your food intake, counting the calories on the food and drink you take in daily. You can either decrease your calorie intake, or increase your energy expenditure by increasing your activity. Clearly exercise has a major impact on how much energy you expend. A nutritionist can assist you with your diet and provide some tools to count your calories.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
3