Should i be worried about the pain in my lower leg? i was playing soccer, and i was kicked on the outside of my lower leg. a little lower than midway. where all the muscle is next to the shin bone. it hurt to walk on after it happened but went away as my

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Mark Shih answered

Specializes in Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine

If your x-ray is negative for associated fracture of the tibia or fibula, it is possible that a hematoma (blood clot) has developed, pushing on the syndesmosis which is a ligament connecting between the tibia and fibula in the area of your complaint. If this is found to be problematic, consideration can be made for evacuation of the clot.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.3k views