U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old male asked:

Good day i got injured while playing soccer and my leg has be swollen now for a week and the pain is getting worse?. the injury is on my shin and it feels like theres damage to the bones and my ankle has also started getting swollen and painful

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Romano
Internal Medicine 10 years experience
I remember a patient walking around with a fibular fracture after a soccer injury. This can be several things, all of which need to be determined by having an examination. See a doctor
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
You may well have a fracture, but must also consider complications such as a thrombophlebitis developing in the leg secondary to less mobility. The swelling is troublesome. Suggest going to ER and having this handled today.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 15, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.