hi i'm 20 yr old male who had a blod clot a year ago in my left leg. (dvt) do i have one i again? i've been experincing the same pain. my left calf has been hurting for the past 4 days. when i dangle or stand up on my leg it throbs even worse when i unloc

3 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Andrews
36 years experience Interventional Radiology
The : The spontaneous development of a blood clot in a young man is unusual and suggests a clotting abnormality. Hopefully, you were fully evaluated at that time and, if necessary, started on appropriate therapy. If not, then you should be. If you had a clot before, you could certainly have one again, especially if your symptoms are the same. I would definitely suggest that you see a doctor and be evaluated.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1
Dr. Herbert Aronow
27 years experience Cardiology
Recurrent DVT: You need to be evaluated by a physician right away to determine whether you have another (ie, 'recurrent') dvt. Dvt can be a life-threatening problem.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
3
Dr. Norman Chideckel
42 years experience Vascular Surgery
Dvt: I would recommend that you proceed to undergo a venous Doppler sonogram as quickly as possible to determine if he do have another episode of a deep vein thrombosis.
Answered on Jun 5, 2017