U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old female asked:

Got varicose veins in 1 leg. area just under knee on back throbbing. got bruises near but it hurts above it. better (still there) when walking. dvt?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Olivia Liao
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
best to get it : Checked in the unlikely event that you have a dvt. But since DVT can lead to serious complications and are treatable, please call you doctor monday.
Dr. Albert Malvehy
Phlebology 22 years experience
Baker cyst: An ultrasound is definitive and critical to get. Though what you have sounds like a baker's cyst - a benign fluid filled cyst - pain or swelling in this area can always potentially be a DVT and must have an ultrasound to rule that out. Go to an urgent care and call ahead to make sure they have ultrasound if you are looking for the most economical option. A phlebologist can also check you.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.