how long does it usually take to get over a brain injury and 2 brain surgeries? the father of my child was struck in the head and had to have two brain surgeries and i wanted to know how long before they take him out of the medical induced coma and how lo

Dr. Joy Jackson
Honestly : Honestly this is a question that only his doctors can answer, and to be frank that may not even know how long his recovery will be. They will likely keep him in a medically induced coma until some of the swelling in his brain goes down, and that time is variable. Are you able to get information about his condition from the doctors? If you are in a situation where you have limited access, have you considered asking whoever is making decisions for him to let you speak with his doctors personally. He is the father of your child, and you should be updated on his condition. Best of luck to you all.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology 30 years experience
Talk to MD: This is often a case where they will be following the scans of the brain before they make a decision. The best course is to get a frank and open discussion between the family and the doctors. If you have questions you need to seek answers. Good luck.