Victoria, TX

i had an mri & 2 ct scan of the brain should i b worried bout a coma i had the scans for my headaches & pains in my head i'm scared?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Why: All the test did not show any thing so far ? If that correct i would not worry.
Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. Philip Chao commented
Radiology 38 years experience
Well worrying about a coma won't cause you to have one. Most patients in a coma are usually due to extensive brain trauma. This is not what your history has indicated. I would be concerned about whether your MRIs were done properly to look for micro hemorrhages and other things which might cause headaches. Was the test done at 3T. Did you have contrast with your MRI? Was the study interpreted by a neuroradiologist. Ask you doctor to help you answer these questions.
May 11, 2013
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology 34 years experience
No: If you can read this, you're not in a coma.

Last updated Aug 26, 2019