A male asked:

How long is the recovery from a lisfranc injury? 18 months ago i suffered a lisfranc injury. i had surgery the 10th day (had to wait for the swelling to go down some) and have 2 plates and screws installed. i have lost my arch, and my foot doesn't look l

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Your : Your foot should be doing a lot better. The loss of the arch means there could be other associated problems. I would have follow up x-rays and probably and MRI to define the situation further.
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
See your surgeon: You may need a follow up appointment with your surgeon for an evaluation of your current symptoms. Lis franc injuries can be difficult to over come. Seeing your surgeon will determine if this is still due to that injury or a new condition. Best of luck!
Dr. Steven Bernstein
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 32 years experience
Lis francs: 18 months is too long of a recovery please get an xray and a consult to determine if the hardware needs to be removed and/or a lis francs fusion needs to be performed.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016