U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I have lifetime workers comp on my back, it still gives me a lot of pain in my back and right leg. is there any doctor to help? my family doctor in ky has written me some meds to get me through this process. but i can't find anyone to help.. tommie

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gerald Saboe
Occupational Medicine 45 years experience
Find : Find an osteopathic physician in your area who specializes in family medicine or osteopathic manipulative medicine and make an appointment. They should be able to address your structural dysfunction and somatic symptoms, providing the relief you are seeking.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Foead Geula
A Verified Doctoranswered
19 years experience
Yes: Back pain that radiates into one or both legs may be attributable to sciatica, which is caused by nerve root impingment in your lumbar spine. You should undergo a thorough evaluation, including history and physical and possible imaging and nerve testing to arrive at a diagnosis. Depending on the results of your evaluation, different treatment options may be recommended.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.