blocked eustachian tubes? for about 4 years, i've had blocked eustachian tubes. i haven't experienced any notable hearing loss, but occasionally one of my ears will ring. on particularly bad days, if i turn my head to the left or right too far, one of my

2 doctor answers
Dr. Melanie Pence
25 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
You : You may need to have tubes placed in your ears since your eustachian tubes are not functioning properly, despite medical therapy.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1
Dr. Harold Kim
27 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Are you sure?: Blocked eustachian tubes will typically cause a sensation of fullness in the affected and hearing loss. If all you experience is occasional ringing, I am not sure that this is due to eustachian tube dysfunction.
Answered on Oct 3, 2018