What can i do about the doctors my medical insurance pay for who are refusing to listen i am a person who is mentally disbabled with attention deficit problems.i need medication to have the ability to spend more time to read in materials better.otherwise

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Mark Lacambra answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Narcotics : Narcotics are not the appropriate treament for add or adhd. Treating a patient with a history of substance abuse with addictive medications is not a good idea either. The medications typically used for add are unfortunately quite addictive and given your history, not a good choice for you. Consider the difficulties you are currently having and how much worse they would be if you were struggling with an addiction on top of it. I would consider two options. First, listen to your psychiatrist and give the alternative a try. Second, get a second opinion from a specialist in add. Good luck! mark lacambra sand point internal medicine.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.4k views