A member asked:

What can i do about the doctors my medical insurance pay for who are refusing to listen i am a person who is mentally disbabled with attention deficit problems.i need medication to have the ability to spend more time to read in materials better.otherwise

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Mark Lacambra answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Narcotics : Narcotics are not the appropriate treament for add or adhd. Treating a patient with a history of substance abuse with addictive medications is not a good idea either. The medications typically used for add are unfortunately quite addictive and given your history, not a good choice for you. Consider the difficulties you are currently having and how much worse they would be if you were struggling with an addiction on top of it. I would consider two options. First, listen to your psychiatrist and give the alternative a try. Second, get a second opinion from a specialist in add. Good luck! mark lacambra sand point internal medicine.

Answered 10/3/2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor