my 13 month old daughter has the beginning of tooth sprouting from her palate. what is happening?

Dr. Fay Gyapong
Dentistry 31 years experience
Tooth in Palate: If your 13 month old has a tooth erupting in the palate as you describe, that may present unwelcome problems. I suggest that you visit a pediatric dentist for a proper diagnosis. It may be possible to have an early orthodontic appliance inserted which may guide the tooth as it erupts.
Dr. David Schleimer
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
True, but I would never put an appliance in a 13 month old, unless obturation for cleft palate necessitated it.
Jan 29, 2013
Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry 26 years experience
Part of molar tooth : 13 months is the perfect time for the first dental visit. Baby teeth erupting from the palate is not common with baby teeth. Sometimes the back molars can look like they are erupting from the palate because you only see part of the tooth or cusp coming in first. A dentist can easily check this for you.
Dr. Thomas Heston
Getting in the habit of regular dental visits will pay off for your child.
Nov 30, 2012
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Bui answered
Dentistry 23 years experience
Second molar erupts: This probably is a second molar eruption. There is no alarm though the tissue may be tender during the erupting process.

Last updated Mar 13, 2016