my 7 year old daughter played with her front adult tooth until she loosened it! now what? what can be done about this?

Dr. Shawn Colbert
I : I would get her in to a dentist right away. I would recommend to get an x-ray and confirm it is a permanent tooth. Also want to see how much mobility is present. If it is a permanent tooth then if the adjacent permanent tooth is in it is possible to place a splint to get the ligament to heal around the lose tooth. It is hard to say without seeing your child but those are the things you want to be thinking about.
Dr. Harry Aronowitz
Orthodontics 44 years experience
A : A normal adult tooth will not loosen by playing with it. Are you sure it's a permanent tooth?
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Front tooth: Seven is the typical age for kids to loose their upper front tooth. So what she is playing with is most likely her baby tooth. Unless there has been trauma or disease it is not likely to loosen a permanent tooth by playing with it. If you have concerns about her it is best to see a dentist to get her tooth check.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016