will the upper teeth extrude if two rear lower molars are missing?

Dr. Ronald Smith
Dentistry 40 years experience
Yes: Over time, if teeth are not opposed, they will tend to keep "erupting" and moving down until they contact something. This can take a long time to happen but it happen eventually.
Dr. Edward Zuckerberg
Dentistry 43 years experience
Yes: Teeth want to continue to erupt throughout our lives and the only thing that stops them is the biting against the tooth in the opposite arch. When that tooth is removed, the tooth will begin to erupt again.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Yes: If your posterior bite collapses, hour anterior teeth will flare. Think what happens if just 1 stave is removed from a barrel. Please talk to your dentist about replacing the missing teeth now, instead of having to deal with a whole mouth full of crooked teeth later.
Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 42 years experience
Depends: With two rear lower molars missing, whether or not the upper teeth will extrude depends on the location of the upper teeth. If the upper teeth are unopposed or not supported by teeth in the lower jaw, the unopposed upper teeth may continue to erupt. Obviously, not all of the upper teeth will extrude unless all of them are unopposed by teeth in the lower jaw.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Periodontics 42 years experience
Depends: Gravity will probably prevail if the upper teeth do not contact any lower teeth. It does not happen 100% of the time, but i would not bet against it happening.