U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

Will i go blind if i get a little bit of dried pesticide/herbicide in my eye?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ajay Gupta
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
Possibly: Even a small amount of pesticide or herbicide can be extremely dangerous. Depending on the ph of the chemical it can devastating effects. In the event of an exposure, even a small one, immediately flush the eye(s) and immediately go to the er.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 8, 2013

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.