Angola, NY

i get these weird bright spots & lines in my eyes & when i get it, i have to close my eyes until it goes away. im blinded by it,its not a migraine?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Acephalgic migraine: You likely have what's referred to as migraines without "headache." Can also be called VISUAL AURA. Not uncommon. These can also be termed ABORTED MIGRAINES. Typical duration of these things is 5-60 minutes..average about 10-15 min. I'm a headache specialist so if you'd like to talk more: www.healthtap.com/drsaghafi by INBOX CONSULTATION or Appointment- Key Code: PDXFNR
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 19 years experience
Causes of visual Sx: Symptoms like these are sometimes a migraine aura, which means that a migraine headache would occur about 20-30 minutes later. They could also be affected by something in your eyes (retina) or be caused by a seizure. How long does it last? Do you have headaches? Do you have any trouble seeing at other times?