U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

Is an alternative medical procedure for cataracts other than surgery?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
None: Unfortunately, there is no medical alternative to treat cataracts. You can slow progression by protecting yourself from ultraviolet with sunglasses and hats.
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
No: Unless changing your glasses or contacts help the vision.

Related questions

A member asked:
5 doctor answers16 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.