A male asked:

will my vision improve immediately after having cataract surgery? i need cataract surgery, but i'm worried that i won't be able to see after the surgery. i'll need to return to work as soon as possible after the procedure. how long will it take for my vis

Dr. Alma Murphy
Ophthalmology 46 years experience
Visual : Visual recovery is usually rapid after cataract surgery. My patients are often able to return to work one or two days after their surgery, depending on the occupation. Normally only one eye is operated on at time, which will leave your vision unchanged in the eye that is not having surgery . Your eye surgeon will be glad to advise you about returning to work. The improvement in vision from cataract surgery should make it all seem worthwhile.
Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Cataract surgery: The vision typically is improved by 24-48 hours after surgery. For complete healing, it takes 3-4 weeks though.
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Vision improves fast: Cataract surgery is a quick and easy procedure from which you can recover. Most people begin to see better within a day of the procedure, but this depends on the degree of cataract as well as the type of cataract surgery you have. Depending on your work, you may be able to resume normal activities almost immediately. Speak with your eye surgeon about your particular situation.
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Cataract surgery: Typically you can return to your normal activities including work the next day after cataract surgery.