Tucson, AZ

can i develop cervical cancer in a year? i had a leep a year ago for severe dysplasia i have my appointment next week... really scared im 23.

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Severe Dysplasia: Linda the reason they took the tissue out is it had the chance of turning into cancer, I'm almost positive that they wanted you to come back in 6 months to get repeat testing, probably a colposcopy. This is because they wanted to make sure everything was ok. So it has been a year now, there is no sense being so scared. You need to get the exam and testing. Chances are it will not be cancer!

Last updated Nov 2, 2019