U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 54-year-old female asked:

Refractory gerd , esophageal spasms, chest pain, triggered by anti-platelet tx.now off prescription but symptoms remain despite ppi and h2. drs out of ideas. severe?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Peter Denk
General Surgery 21 years experience
Anti-reflux surgery: You are experiencing medically refractory reflux disease meaning the medicines are not working for you and the natural anti-reflux valve at the top of your stomach has failed. Fortunately minimally invasive anti-reflux surgery, usually with a nissen fundoplication (and hiatal hernia repair too if necessary) can cure you and take you off meds forever. See a surgeon that specializes in reflux.
Dr. Rick Koch
Cardiology 23 years experience
You need a GI: Consult and egd. Could be a ulcer from h. Pylori.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 1, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.