I have bi polar 1 , im on Buspar (buspirone) Prozac and wellbutin . I am having a moderate panick attack and its getting worse. Whats the best way to handle?

Dr. Karen Shackelford
25 years experience in Emergency Medicine
Get a second opinion: Your drug regimen does not include a mood stabilizer, which is essential in treatment of true bipolar disease. There is no good reason to be on two similar antidepressants, and wellbutrin (bupropion) has a known side effect of increasing anxiety. Prozac can be destabilizing in bipolar disease. The buspr doesn't seem to be doing a lot for your anxiety, but may work better if you change up the antidepressants.
Answered on Apr 4, 2016
4