A member asked:

What doctor does a vaginal rectal fistula repair?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Sean O Donovan answered

Specializes in Colon and Rectal Surgery

Most gynecologists, colon & rectal surgeons and some general surgeons are trained to repair these, but some have more experience than others. Ask your surgeon how many they have done, what their results are, and to discuss the many different options there are for repair.

Answered Jul 6, 2013


Dr. John Tramont answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Many different specialists can repair a recto-vaginal fistula. Urogynecologists are an excellent resource. Some general gyn surgeons are proficient as well. Colo-rectal surgeons are also an option. Start by asking your gyn for advice.

Answered Sep 22, 2019



Related Questions

A member asked:

What is a vaginal fistula? How do you get it?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

Doctors, do you think I can die from a dental fistula?

8 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor