I recently attempted to move a heavy object using my head and sprained my neck. my neck hurt for a few hours but went away. now when i turn my head a certain direction i feel tingling in the back of my head connecting down to my neck. what could this be?

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 39 years experience
Pinched nerve: Sounds like you have a cervical radiculopathy or a pinched nerve when you strained your neck you may have injured the muscles and irritated the nerve that comes off the side of your neck i would rest, use ice and nsaids see your doctor if it doesn't start to improve.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Get evaluated: Symptoms of nerve damage can range from a numbness and tingling sensation, possibly a burning sensation, to an uncomfortable painful sensation of the extremities. For some, these symptoms are mild, while for others, they can be severe and disabling. Neuropathy can develop as a result of a pinched nerve, trauma, drug side effect, and some diseases such as diabetes. See your physician.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017