i have had a bad tooth nerve pain for 1 month. food gets stuck in gums daily. my dentist couldn't fit me in for an appointment. my molar now fell out and the pain has gone. what do i do now?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Media Najafi
21 years experience Dentistry
Find a new dentist: Ur pain is gone because the crown part of the tooth broke and tooth was infected and partially dead. The roots are still in the bone and eventhoughnit does not hurt is still infected and you don't want infected part in your jaw bone. Might need to get it extracted. Find a new dentist who can fit you in soon.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1
Dr. Albert E. Klitzke
8 years experience Dentistry
Keep dental appt: Even though the pain is gone a dental problem still remains. Their may be some tooth remaiing in your mouth. Keep your appt , call another dentist or just show up at the dental office and wait to be seen if the pain returns.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
2
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Get a new dentist !!: First of all get a new dentist. There is no excuse for not being able to get an emergency in within a reasonable amount of time. Have your new dentist evaluate the area where the tooth fell out to see if any residual tooth structure or cystic lesion is present. Also have him do a full mouth exam to avoid this problem in the future.
Answered on Oct 5, 2013
3