U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old female asked:

I am suffering fibroid in uterus....dr. told me to remove the uterus. there is no other option .i felt so worried. i m 37yrs. pls suggest me ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Pankaj Desai
Internal Medicine 43 years experience
Myomectomy?: Suggest you talk to your gynecologist if laparoscopic myomectomy- that is, removal of the fibroid only, while preserving the uterus- is an option. It would depend on the size and number of these benign tumors.
Dr. Joe Golowa
Dr. Joe Golowa commented
undefined 20 years experience
Another option is fibroid embolization. A minimally invasive procedure which can alleviate symptoms and preserve uterus without surgery. Hifu , high frequency ultrasound is performed at some centers which can ablate fibroids. There are definitely other options. You need to explore which is right for u
Aug 20, 2014

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 47-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old female asked about a 36-year-old female:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Aug 20, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.