i had left foot surgery 8 months ago(navicular area). my foot has been hurting a lot also causing ankle pain. can the mitek bone anchor be removed?

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
24 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Probably not: The simple answer is yes, a bone anchor can be removed, but the real answer is that the bone anchor was placed there for a reason (probably to hold a ligament or tendon in place), so unless the injured structure has healed, you wouldn't want to remove the anchor. Infection must always be considered as a possible cause of pain long after surgery, or failure of the repair - do go see your surgeon.
Answered on Jun 16, 2016
1