India

My gums have receded to the maximum level where my periodentist deny gums and bone graft .is there any remedy where i can get my lost gums. i 41plzhlp?

Dr. Steven Pearl
Dentistry 54 years experience
Possibly: Have you been to another periodontist for a second opnion? This might help as various dentists canhave different ideas on how to treat patients.
Dr. Jeff Kimble
Dr. Jeff Kimble commented
Dentistry 23 years experience
You will not be able to grow any bone or gum tissue back without treatment. There is no home remedy that would do that. You can stop the bone loss with proper home treatment, diet, and habits.
Sep 22, 2012
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 27 years experience
Hard to tell: At a certain point it is impossible to gain back what has been lost. You can certainly seek a second or third opinion. Keep in mind that dental implants can be a great alternative to natural teeth.
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Buianswered
Dentistry 24 years experience
Horizontal bone loss: You probably have horizontal bone loss, of which the bone is level out and it is very hard, or even almost impossible, to augment bone height in this situation. To control or halt the progression of bone loss, you must keep your teeth clean periodically with your dentist/periodontitst. Your teeth must be restored to optimal occlusion. Finally, your medical health is also need to be optimal.
Dr. Jason Cataldo
dentistry - Periodontics 25 years experience
Yes: You are only 42! there are many options to augment or "grow back" gum tissue. Even when tissue loss is severe, there are many solutions. Check with another doctor or online to see the options. Although dental implants are an option to missing teeth, they still need healthy gum tissue around them just like natural teeth! good luck!