Hampstead, NC

when i was younger i needed drainage for my lymph nodes on my left groin area. i was around 2 years old. when i had my son at age 28 i had a blood clot in my left leg. this year i have back surgery (spinal fusion) and my right leg is constantly swollen.

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch answered
Cardiology 22 years experience
DVT?: Get evaluated asap as this maybe a DVT ...If you have had one you are at significantly higher risk for another.
Dr. Michael Murray
General Surgery 33 years experience
Evaluate for blood c: Any time you have surgery you are at risk for a clot in the deep veins(deep venous thrombosis) you have already had one so you may be prone to another. Swelling in the leg would be a symptom. This should be evaluated with a vascular ultrasound asap.
Dr. Jerry Light
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Wrong leg swollen: Lots of things can cause your leg to swell. There seem to be several in your history that might effect the left leg, but i cannot speculate as to the cause of swelling on the right. You probably need to see a vascular specialist for an accurate diagnosis.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014