can methadone cause blood clots and or swelling and pain in leg. had blood clot a few months ago.. went away. years ago told my left side had circulation problems. more lower left leg swollen painful can't move it. must pain right under knee

Dr. Robert Andrews
35 years experience Interventional Radiology
A : A swollen leg with a history of blood clots is a worrisome combination. You could very well have another clot, and blood clots in the legs can lead to bad complications. You need to be examined for this and have an ultrasound study. Do you have a history of injecting IV drugs into the veins in your legs? That's a great way to damage the veins and put you at risk for leg swelling and/or blood clots.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1