i have sarcoidosis and a cat scan revealed black spots in my skull, not the brain.. the doctors tell me thatt its sarcoidosis.?

2 doctor answers
32 years experience Pediatrics
The Drs. can explain: One website says bone involvement in sarcoid has ranged between 1 and 13 percent, with an average of 5 percent. An accurate percentage is difficult to obtain as many skeletal lesions are asymptomatic and screening skeletal surveys are not routinely performed. Lytic lesions are cortical defects in the involving the cortex of the bone. That implies darker spots in the skull may be sarcoidosis.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
Dr. Theodore Wu
21 years experience Ophthalmology
Sarcoidosis: Sarcoidosis can affect many parts of the body. For example, sarcoid can cause granulomas in the conjunctiva of the eye (these can often be biopsied to confirm the diagnosis) or in the retina. A common location of sarcoid involvement is in the lung, so a chest x-ray may be helpful. Certain lab tests, such as c-reactive protein or ace levels may also help. See you primary doctor for testing.
Answered on Apr 24, 2015
4