U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 33-year-old female asked:

Can sarcoidosis/sjogrens/raynauds/chronic fatigue syndrome be managed by a gp alone or do they need to be managed by a hospital doctor/s or both? thx

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Depends but: A hospital doctor in contrast to a doctor in an academic/ university hospital is not the one to go to. I would suggest that you consult someone in academic medicine in your case at a university or tertiary care center near you. It is likely to complex for most GPs.
Dr. Mihaela Marin
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
I suggest seeing a rheumatologist
Feb 5, 2015
Last updated Apr 12, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.