U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Everett, WA
A 50-year-old female asked:

I've had arthroscopic surgery on hip 18 mo ago and i'm having pain again. i had a new. mri done and no signif chgs from 1yr ago. any thoughts?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Christiaan Maurer
Dr. Christiaan Maureranswered
Internal Medicine 25 years experience
Hip: Mri is not a perfect test. You may need an arthrogram to figure this out. If it were my hip i would consider going to see dr. Phillipon in vail, co. He pioneered many of these types of hip surgeries.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Christopher Dougherty
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Hip arthroscopy: It is important to keep exercising after surgery. A small injury can cause the muscles around the hip to become weak and the result is renewed pain. Arthritis evident at the time if surgery it will affect how well and how long you do well after surgery. If you have been exercising and the pain persists then you may want to see your orthopedic surgeon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 26, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.